How to solve the error concerning the e-mail language folders?
By default, the product rating request e-mails are translated into 4 languages: English, French, Spanish and Italian. So, if a customer places an order on the Spanish version of your website for example, then the e-mail that will be sent to him to ask his feedback on the products purchased will be in Spanish.
If you have other languages than those listed above installed (and active) on your site, then the module will display an error in the "Review e-mails" tab because it does not find the folder containing the translations of e-mails into these additional languages (example below: it does not find the folder corresponding to the German language):
In this case you will have to add the corresponding language folders in the "mails" folder of the module and translate the e-mail templates.
Warning: you must NEVER translate email templates through the PrestaShop translation tool. Indeed, this tool has the defect to remove the headers of the files, but these headers contain the declaration of all the CSS styles used for the rendering of the e-mails... The formatting of the e-mails would then be completely broken.
Instead, proceed as follows:
1/ Connect to your FTP server via your FTP client as "FileZilla" for example.
2/ Go to the module's "mails" folder: gsnippetsreviews/mails/
By default, you should see the 4 folders corresponding to the 4 languages supported by default:
- en/ (for the English language)
- fr/ (for the French language)
- es/ (for the Spanish language)
- it/ (for the Italian language)
3/ Suppose you want to translate the e-mails into German (the principle is exactly the same regardless of the language). Here's how to proceed:
- Create, in this place (the "mails" folder of the module), a folder "de" (ISO code of the German language).
- Then open the "en" folder and copy the files contained in it, locally on your computer.
- Open the files (e-mail templates) and translate them into German. Save them locally on your computer.
- Once all the translations are done, copy and paste these translated files into the new "de" folder, located in the "mails" folder of the module.
Repeat this procedure for each of the languages active on your shop and for which there is, by default, no corresponding language folder in the "mails" folder of the module. Don't forget to name the new language folders with the ISO code of the languages.
Other FAQs in this category
- Do I have to activate the "Include product rich snippets code" option?
- How to test my theme rich snippets markup?
- How to configure the delay of the rating request sending?
- How do I display the reviews list in the product description tabs?
- How to test the sending of product rating request e-mails?
- How to edit the rating request e-mails sent to customers?
- What to do if I get errors or warnings on my theme rich snippets?
- Why only registered customers can post a review ?
- How to import my reviews from another review system?
- What should I do if I can't post a review or if I have problems displaying the rating stars?
- Why are the stars in the rating pop-up not displayed?
- Why doesn't my rating request pop-up appear?
- How to mark up the rating stars of list pages?
- What to do if I get a blank page when I use the moderation tool?
- Why are my rich snippets not appearing in Google results?
- How do I solve my review star rendering issue?
- How do I display the review stars in the product list?
- Under PS 18.104.22.168, how to add a review through my back-office?
- How do I change CSS & templates files in order to integrate my theme ?