How to submit your app for review?
Following the application of the new General Data Protection Regulation, Facebook requires that merchants who want to publish on their Facebook page trought a module intalled on their shop, first submit their application for validation.
During this evaluation, a "Facebook Reviewer" will verify that you are using your application in accordance with the Facebook rules. To do this, the reviewer will test your application based on the explanations and screencast you have sent him. In concrete terms, he will log in to your back office using the temporary access you have provided him, enter the configuration of the module, connect his own Facebook profile (a test profile) as well as his Facebook Page (a test page) and then make a test publication.
We will guide you to help you validate your application.
Before following this documentation, please make sure:
- You have create your Facebook app following the documentation available here
- Your app is disabled (you must not make it public until it is approved)
- You have had your business verified. If it's not the case, follow our documentation on this topic
- You have created a temporary employee profile on your shop, which will only have access to the configuration of the Wall Posts module.
Once you have completed each of the above steps, you will be able to submit your application for review.
- Click here to go to the "Facebook for developers" website
- Click on the "My apps" menu at the top right and select your app:
- Click the "App Review" tab in the left menu and go to "Permissions and Features":
- Scroll down and identify the "pages_manage_posts" feature (that allows to manage the posts of a page):
- Click "Request" on the "pages_manage_posts" feature line:
and then on "Continue":
- Even if you have already done the verification of your business, a message telling you to do so may appear at the top of the page. Don't pay any attention to it, we'll come back to it later. Indeed, the message remains displayed because you still have one step to do but it can only be done once the application has been approved: you will have to sign a supplemental terms contract with Facebook. For now, proceed to the next step.
- In "Complete App Verification" part, click the blue arrow:
- For the question "Does your app use a Facebook authentication solution, like Facebook Login, that the review team can use to login and verify your app?" leave the "Yes" box checked (it's necessary, you cannot select "No" because the reviewer must be able to test your app).
- In "Platform Settings" part, enter the URL of the back office of your shop (if it's not the back office URL, change it by clicking on "Edit your website log in URL"), and the login details of the temporary employee profile you created
- Copy the following text and instructions, remembering to give a product example in the red text:
During your tests, you must be an admin of the app for this to work. Once it's done:
- Log in to the shop's back office with the credentials above
- On the line corresponding to the "Facebook PS Wall Posts" software click on the "Configure" button that is on the very right side of the screen
- Go to the "Facebook application settings" tab. You can see two "CLICK HERE" green buttons. The first one allows the merchant to connect his own Facebook profile to the app. The second one allows him to retrieve the access token to his own Facebook Page (of which he is the administrator)
- Click on the first "CLICK HERE" button to retrieve the access token to you own Facebook profile
- Click "Continue as..."
- Select the Page on which you want to publish and then on "Next"
- Finally, click "Done"
- Click "OK"
- Back in the module interface, click on the underlined text "Click here" to retrieve the access token to your Facebook profile.
- Return to the "Facebook application settings" tab and click on the second "CLICK HERE" button to retrieve access to the Facebook Page you want to publish on (and that you have previously selected)
- Click on the "Update" green button at the bottom of the page
- To test the app operation: go to the "Manual Publication" tab. In "Products" enter the name of a product of the shop. For example: "...". Indicate a title and click on "Publish on Facebook now"
- A green message should appear at the top of the page indicating that the post has been published.
- Go to your Facebook Page to see the post
As exlained in the video, only the merchant uses the app, privately, through the back office of his shop. The app allows him to connect the back office of his online shop to his own Facebook Page. Through the app, he allows the software, by linking his Facebook private profile, to publish updates of his own products on his own Facebook Page. No publication is made on a third party's Facebook Page and no data of a third party Facebook user is retrieved through the login button.
- Click "Save". The first part is completed:
- In "Requested Permissions and Features", click on the blue arrow to fill out the "pages_manage_posts" feature application form:
- In the first box, copy and paste the following text:
PrestaShop allows you to create online shops. Merchants using PrestaShop can add features to their shop through software add-ons called "modules".
Our company, BusinessTech, has created one of these add-ons. Its name is "Wall Posts". The objective of our "Wall Posts" module is to save the merchant time. It allows to automate the publication of changes made on his products directly on his own Facebook Page.
In order to do this, the "Wall Posts" module needs the installation of a Facebook application that uses the "Facebook Login" product. The "Facebook Login" product is ONLY used to connect the merchant shop management interface (also called "Back Office") to his Facebook professional Page. It is therefore NOT used to allow visitors to log in to the e-commerce website with their Facebook credentials.
The Facebook Login product is only used by THE MERCHANT who is himself THE ADMINISTRATOR of the Facebook Page on which he wants to publish information on HIS OWN products. This authentication application makes it possible to link the merchant's Back Office to his own Facebook Page, and gives permission to our extension to publish updates of the merchant's catalog on his behalf.
- Download the video we have made for you by clicking here and upload it in the second box.
- A message should appear indicating that the video is being processed, click on "Close".
- Click "Save"
- In the first box, copy and paste the following text:
- In "Requested Permissions and Features", it is written that you must also request permission to use the "pages_read_engagement" feature in order to use "pages_manage_posts". Then click on "Add additional permissions and features":
- Identify the "pages_read_engagement" feature and click on "Request":
and on "Continue":
- In the "Requested Permissions and Features", click on the blue arrow, in front of "Tell us how you'll use pages_read_engagement":
- Redo exactly the same steps as the "pages_manage_posts" feature:
- Copy exactly the same text in the first box
- Upload the same video in the second box
- Close the pop-up window that indicates that the video is being processed
- If you don't have completed all the required settings to be able to submit your app, such as your app logo (which should be your company's logo), do it by clicking the blue arrow of the next part:
- Once all steps are completed, click the "Submit for Review" button at the bottom of the page:
- Accept the platform onboarding terms and click on "Submit":
- A message appears indicating that the app has been sent for review. Click on OK.
In "Requests" tab of you app you should now see the second step corresponding to the app reviewing in blue:
As app's creator, you will receive a developer alert when your submission is approved or returned for changes.
If your app is approved, in the "My permissions and features" tab you must have the following 4 permissions: "e-mail", "default", "pages_manage_posts" and "pages_read_engagement".
Once your application has been validated, you still have one more step to take: you must sign a supplemental terms contract to be able to use the Facebook app. To do this, follow our documentation here.
Click here to know more about app review.
Click here to know more on how to submit your app for login review
Click here to access the explanation page if your app has been returned for changes.
You can also read the Facebook tips about adding notes for each permission request by clicking here.