Do I have to activate the "Include product rich snippets code" option?
The module automatically includes the markup of your product average rating. But, so that this markup is correctly detected by the Google's detection system, it must be included in a "product" markup. Most themes automatically mark products and introduce the "product" rich snippets. But your theme may not do it and in this case, you have to ask the module to introduce the necessary lines of code into your product pages.
The first thing to do is therefore to check the presence or absence of rich snippets into your product pages and if they are compliant with Google's requirements. To know how to do this, click here to read our detailed FAQ on the topic.
Then, you have to go to the module configuration and click the "Snippets" section and then the "Google Rich Snippets" tab.
- If your theme already includes the product rich snippets, then leave the "Include product rich snippets code" option on NO. The module will use the markup already in place to include the "average product rating" rich snippet and so you don't have to do anything.
- If your theme does NOT include product rich snippets, then select YES for the "Include product rich snippets code" option:
Options appear on which we'll return a little further. But for now, you must do the following steps:
- Click the "Update" button of the "Google Rich Snippets" tab
- Click the "Badges" tab
- Click the "Update" button of the "Badges" tab
- You should see appear a line in the tab informing you of the possibility to display a badge "on each product page". Click on the little red arrow of this position.
- Click again the "Update" button of the "Badges" tab
By performing these steps, you have enabled the module to include into the code of your product pages the lines of code necessary for the markup of the average product rating to be correctly detected by Google (introduction of the "product" class of the "schema.org" convention: itemscope itemtype = "https://schema.org/Product"). As you can see, by default, a badge containing the product name and price is displayed on your product pages. This data is also structured and allows you to tell Google the name of your products and their prices, essential data for e-commerce.
If you want to mark up other product data so that it appears in the Google search engine product result rows, you can do this by setting the options under the "Include rich snippets code" option.
Click the "Update" button once you have finished.
This data will also necessarily be displayed in the badge of the product pages (according to Google's requirements, any structured data must be visible on the page):
In the example above, in addition to the product name and price, the "decription" (3 types), "category" and "availability" product data will also be marked up according to the schema.org convention and dislayed in the badge of each product page:
Note that you can determine the position of the badge by going to the "Badges" tab and by clicking on the drop-down menu of the "each product page" position. Choose the position that you think is the most suitable. You also can ask a webmaster to design your badge by modifying its CSS and by pasting the code in the "Custom CSS" column.
Don't forget to click on "Update".
IMPORTANT : you have to know that Google require you to set your structured data (the one into the badge or the average rating) above the fold (that matches the low limite of what you see on the screen when you reach a web page). All that is below this virtual line, i.e, all content visible only by scrolling down, is not taken into account by Google. Google needs to be able to check that the structured data is in the visible part of the page when we get to it.
In the example below, the theme didn't include the "product" rich snippets and the module was asked to do so, taking care (for example by changing the CSS) to position the badge and the average rating rich snippet above the fold:
Other FAQs in this category
- How to test my theme rich snippets markup?
- How to configure the delay of the rating request sending?
- How do I display the reviews list in the product description tabs?
- How to solve the error concerning the e-mail language folders?
- How to test the sending of product rating request e-mails?
- How to edit the rating request e-mails sent to customers?
- What to do if I get errors or warnings on my theme rich snippets?
- Why only registered customers can post a review ?
- How to import my reviews from another review system?
- What should I do if I can't post a review or if I have problems displaying the rating stars?
- Why are the stars in the rating pop-up not displayed?
- Why doesn't my rating request pop-up appear?
- How to mark up the rating stars of list pages?
- What to do if I get a blank page when I use the moderation tool?
- Why are my rich snippets not appearing in Google results?
- How do I solve my review star rendering issue?
- How do I display the review stars in the product list?
- Under PS 188.8.131.52, how to add a review through my back-office?