How is the correspondence of products ordered on Google made with the products of my PrestaShop store?
When our module detects an order from Google, it must match the ids of the ordered products, as they are sent by Google with the product ids as they are on your shop in order to be able to create the order in your PrestaShop. Indeed, PrestaShop only allows the possibility to create an order if the linked products actually exist. This mapping is therefore mandatory.
This FAQ explains how the correspondence is made.
When it receives the reference of a product ordered on Google, the module starts by comparing the GTIN code of the product with the GTIN codes of the products in your shop. If it finds a match, the product (or the combination of the product if it is a declined product) is identified.
If no corresponding GTIN code is found, it compares the manufacturer references (MPN codes). If it finds a match, the product (or combination) is identified.
If no code matches, then it will have to break down the product ID sent by Google, that is to say, the Merchant Center feed ID of each purchased product.
(To fully understand what follows, we invite you to read this FAQ to understand the different types of feed IDs and their construction).
The purpose of the module is to retrieve only the PRODUCT ID, i.e. the ID as it is on your PrestaShop, and, if necessary, the corresponding combination: if it is a complex ID, it will start by removing the prefix(es). Then it will identify if the feed ID contains a combination separator. If it does, it removes it and therefore only retrieves the PRODUCT ID and the COMBINATION ID SUFFIX. This allows it to find exactly the corresponding product in your shop, as well as the exact combination ordered.
Once the correspondence between the products in the Google order and the products on your PrestaShop store is made, the module can create the order in your back office.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to manage carriers for my Shopping Actions orders?
- How to automatically update the status of an order on Google?
- How to cancel my subscription?
- What are the prerequisites to use our "Merchant Center with Actions" service?
- How to take out a new subscription for another of my sites?
- Where to find my invoices?
- How to specify the percentage of the stock of my products reserved for sale on Google?
- How to configure the eligibility of my products for Google funded promotions?
- Can I use a carrier only for Shopping Actions customers?
- What are the steps to follow to start receiving Shopping Actions orders in PrestaShop?
- How to perform Google Shopping Actions integration test on my shop?