Do I need to indicate the size type of my products?
The "size type" tag is mostly (but not exclusively) for apparel. It is useful to give an additional information about clothing size for example (big and tall, maternity,...).
By indicating in your data feed the size type of your products or product combinations, this allows Google to apply accurate filters that users can use to narrow search results.
You will therefore take advantage of an advanced ranking in Google Shopping. Indeed, the Google Shopping layered navigation allows the users to select, for example, only one type of size. By providing the information about your product size type, you will be able to appear in selections by type of size.
Example: let's imagine that a Google Shopping user enter the "dress" keyword in the Google Shopping search engine and then select the "Plus" size type in the left menu. If you sell large size dresses and if you have indicated in your feed that you sell large size products, your dresses will appear in the selection.
The size type information is optional, regardless of the type of product.
However, if the size type of your products is an important feature that Google Shopping users may search, we strongly advise you to indicate it. Indeed, you should know that if you don't provide this information, by default Google will apply the "regular" value for the size type of your products. And, if this not matches with the real size type of your products, then users could be misled, which could affect your sales. Morover, if you sell products with different size types, it is even more important to provide this information to differentiate your products.
In general, keep in mind that the more information you will provide about your products to Google, the better your feed will be and the better your product ranking will be in Google Shopping.
Please read the Google's official guidelines about the size type of the products advertised in Google Shopping attentively by clicking here.
The "size type" information is especially useful for apparel, so this is why its configuration in the module is available in the "Apparel feed options" tab of the "Feed management" section. However the size type information may also be needed for other product types.
To configure the "size type" tag for each of your categories, select "Yes" for "Do you want to include size type tags?" option and then click on "Configure the tag for each category" :
You get a pop-up that lists all your categories(*). Indicate what size type the products of each category are matching with. Several values are available :
- Big and Tall
(*)Warning : please note that the categories we are talking about are the DEFAULT categories.
Then, click "Modify" and remember to save the "Apparel feed options" tab (bottom right) once the tags are set.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I need to indicate the size system used for my products?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- What is the point of providing a brand for my products?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- What is the product condition?
- What are the Google's requirements for product description?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- How to send quality images to Google Shopping?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- Why my prices must not dynamically change (according to geolocation for instance)?
- What are the guidelines for quality product titles?
- What is the Google "product type" attribute?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Google Shopping?
- How to indicate a package weight unit that complies with Google's requirements?
- What is the product GTIN code for?