How to create a GA4 property for my website?
From version 2.0.0, our Google Analytics Pro module uses the Google GA4 tag to collect data from your website. You must therefore create a GA4 property for your website in your Google Analytics account in order to collect the data of your website in your Google Analytics account.
- If you have a UA (Universal Analytics) property, you just need to associate it with a new property of type GA4, by following our documentation. The UA property will remain unchanged and continue to collect data. Creating a new GA4 property will not affect your UA property and you will still have access to your UA property and its history. The new associated GA4 property will simply give you access to new reports, complementary to those of your UA property.
- If you have never created a property, UA or GA4, you can either:
- Create both UA and GA4 properties at the same time, following this documentation. This will give you access to Universal Analytics reports and Google Analytics 4 reports.
- Create only the GA4 property (you can always add the UA property later). In this case, follow the procedure below.
Log into your Google Analytics account and select the "Admin" tab in the left menu:
If you've never created an account for your website, create one by clicking "Create Account". Enter a name for this account, configure the data-sharing settings to control which data you share with Google and click "Next" to create the property.
If you already have an account, select it in the "Account" column and click on "Create Property":
Enter a name for your property (so for example the name of your shop):
Then select your time zone and the currency of your shop (indicate the default currency if you offer more than one):
Click on "Next":
Fill out the information about your business, as you want and then click on "Create".
You now have to create a stream to collect data from your site.
Click on "Web":
Enter the URL of your shop in the "Website URL" field:
Give a name to your stream, for example the name of your shop:
Your GA4 property is now created. The next step is to copy your GA4 property ID measurement into the module. To know how to do, access this documentation.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to add a UA property to my existing GA4 property?
- Where to find the measurement ID of my GA4 property?
- How to configure the module?
- How to test my Google Analytics tag?
- Where to find the tracking ID of my UA property?
- What is the Google Analytics consent mode?
- How to create both a UA property and a GA4 property?
- How to add a GA4 property to my existing UA property?