Why was my selection of categories not properly saved ?
The Google Merchant Center module lets you decide which categories in your shop you wish to export to Google Shopping. In the "Export method" tab of the "Feed management" module section, tick the categories you want to export, and then save (on the bottom right) :
But, if you have a lot of categories (typically thousands of them), your selection may not get saved properly.
This is surely because of your server limit on the number of form fields that can be sent from the browser to the server in a POST request.
You will need to check with your web host to see how to increase some variables, usually defined at the PHP level in the php.ini file. The values you need to modify are :
For example :
If you have 2000 categories, all the post_max_size and max_input_vars will need to be at least 2200 (always add a safety margin of at least 10%).
Moreover, if you have the Suhosin PHP security extension installed, you will also need to change the values there:
Finally, sometimes, processing all these values can take a long time. So you may also need to increase the following value :
The standard value is 30 seconds, but you may need to increase that to 60 or more in some cases.
Other FAQs in this category
- My shop uses several currencies: how to make Google detect the correct currency?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- How to only export products that are available for selling?
- How to match my products with Google categories?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- What does "Too many attribute values for attribute: size (color)" Google error mean?
- What is the simple ID?
- How to create a CRON task?
- How to create custom labels ?
- How to import my feeds in Google Shopping ?
- How to create "size type", "size system" and "adult" tags?
- How to configure my module ?