How to import my products into the "Shop" tab of my Facebook Page?
Before you can automatically import and update your products in the "Shop" tab of your Facebook Page, you must check:
- you have access to the Facebook Business Manager account that owns the Facebook Page on which you want to display your products. If no Business Manager account has been created for this Facebook Page, click here to create one.
- you are admin or editor of the Facebook Page on which you want to add a "Shop" tab
- the shop tab made available by Facebook ("Shop" section)(*) has been added well on the Facebook Page. Click here to know how to do.
(*)be careful, this shop tab is the one natively made available by Facebook, this cannot be the custom tab created by our "Advanced Shop for Fan Page" module because this latter is not connected to the Business Manager. If you want to configure a custom Facebook shop tab, created by the "Advanced Shop for Fan Page " module, click here.
To import your products in the shop section of your Facebook Page, you can:
- Either import your products in a catalog you created and then connect this catalog to your Facebook Page. To know how to do, click here.
- Or import your products in the catalog that Facebook automatically sets for you, when you add the shop tab on your Facebook Page. To find out which catalog it is and how to import, read the following:
Go to the Facebook Business Manager and click on the three horizontal bars of the menu. Hover over the "All Tools" words and click "Catalogs":
You can see the list of your Facebook product catalogs: the one made available by Facebook when you added the shop tab and, if it's the case, the catalogs you created by yourself.
The catalog made available by Facebook when you add the "shop" tab on your Page is named "Products for x" where x is the name of your Facebook Page (you will then be able to change the name of the catalog into catalog's settings). Given that it was created by Facebook and not by you, it cannot be selected and its selection box is grayed out:
This default catalog set by Facebook is already connected to the shop tab of your Page. Then, if you add products in it, they will automatically be visible into the shop tab.
To automatically import and update your products in this catalog (and so in your Facebook shop), you are going to use a feed generated by the "Dynamic Ads + Pixel" module.
- the shop tab made available by Facebook only allows you to display your products in a single language and a single currency. Today, it's impossible to display the native Facebook shop section in many languages (for a Facebook shop in several languages, you must create a custom tab through our "Advanced Shop for Fan Page" module, click here to know more). If your shop is multilingual, you have to decide in which language your Facebook shop will be displayed and then select the matching feed generated by your "Dynamic Ads + Pixel" module.
- also, please note that to be able to add products to a catalog, you have to be admin of the catalog. To check this, make sure you have the "Manage Catalog" access listed in the "Your access" column of the catalog. If you don't have it, ask the Business Manager account admin to give you the necessary rights:
Follow the procedure below to import your products:
- Click the name of the catalog connected to the shop tab:
- Click on the "Products" tab in the menu on the left and then on "Add products":
- Select "Use data feeds" for your products import and click on "Next":
- Step 1 "Add File Settings": give a name to this product feed for your Facebook shop and select the appropriate currency:
- Step 2 "Select Upload Method": check "Set Automatic File Upload Schedule":
- Step 3 "Add Data Feed URL": depending on the method you have chosen for Facebook product data recovery (see our corresponding FAQ), copy either the on the fly output URL (typically if your catalog contains less than 1000 products), or the URL of the XML file regularly updated by a CRON task (typically if your catalog contains more than 1000 products).
Important: as previously said, the Facebook default shop tab can only be displayed in a single language and for a single currency. Whichever the solution below you choose, you have to make a choice and select the feed (or XML file) URL that matches this choice.
- On the fly data recovery method (catalog < 1000 products):
- OR XML data file recovery method (catalog > 1000 products):
If your data feed URL is password protected, enter your login details and then go to step 4.
- Step 4 "Set Automatic File Upload Schedule": select a frequency and time to update the feed. For example, once a day at 06:00 am, in the time zone GMT+02:00. It all depends on the frequency of your product modifications on your shop. Then, know that if you leave the "Automatically upload of new versions" option checked, each time Facebook detects a change in your feed, it will update it, regardless of the automatic recovery schedule set.
Important note: if you have created a CRON task to update an XML file that will be retrieved by Facebook, be careful to set this CRON task so that it updates the XML file before Facebook retrieves it. Also try to space the schedules of both tasks because depending on the size of your catalog, updating the XML file may take more or less time. For example, if you have set your CRON task so that the XML file is updated every day at 3:00 am, set the file recovery by Facebook at 6:00 am. Also, be careful that the time zone selected is the same for the CRON task and for Facebook recovery.
- Finally, click on "Start Upload". In "Product Data Sources" -> "Overview" you can follow the import progress.
- At any time, to see the products imported, you can either click on the "Product Data sources" tab and then on the name of your feed and go to the "Products" subtab; or go to the "Products" tab of the left menu:
- Then, go to your Facebook Page and check that the imported products are also visible into your Page shop tab:
Finally, if for any reason you want to import your products without waiting for the next automatic update, you can do so by going to the "Product Data Sources" tab, clicking on the name of your feed and going to the "Settings" subtab. Then click on "Request Update Now" in the "Schedules" section:
Thanks to this product data feed import, you can also create product ads and dynamic remarketing campaigns. However, you will be able to do this only for the language and the currency of the feed set up. For the dynamic remarketing, remember to install a pixel on your PrestaShop site and to link it to the Facebook catalog you just filled out. To know how create and install a pixel click here. To test its working click here.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to import my products into a catalog I created?
- Where to find my Business ID?
- How to test my Pixel code?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- How to configure the module ?
- How to match my products with Facebook categories?
- How to create custom labels to segment my catalog?
- Do I have to include the LANG ID in the product ID?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- My shop uses multi-currency : how to make Facebook detect the correct currency?
- How to create and install my Facebook Pixel?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?