How to activate the Instagram Shopping features?
Thanks to our module, you have the ability to use the "Instagram Shopping" features.
Instagram Shopping is a set of features across Instagram that let people shop your photos and videos. It gives your business an immersive storefront for people to explore your best products.
- To use Instagram Shopping, you must have an authentic and established presence on Instagram (this may include maintaining a sufficient follower base)
- This feature is currently available only for certain markets (countries) whose list can be viewed by clicking here. Please check also that you have the last version of the Instagram app before following the steps below.
- Your business must sell primarily physical goods that comply with Facebook Commerce Product Merchant Agreement and Commerce Policies.
- Make sure the Business Manager account you're using owns (access permission is not enough) the Facebook Page you will link to your Instagram business account.
- Make sure that you are the admin of the Facebook Page you will link to your Instagram business account.
- Make sure that the Business Manager account owns or has access to the catalog that you will use.
To begin, you must:
- 1/ Convert a personal Instagram profile into a professional one and link it to your Facebook page. Click here to find out how.
- 2/ Verify that this business Instagram account was added to your Business Manager account when you linked it to your Facebook Page. To do this, go to your Business Manager account's business settings, then in the "Accounts" section, click on "Instagram Accounts". You should see your Instagram account listed.
If it doesn't, add it by clicking the "Add" button and then "Connect Your Instagram Account".
- 3/ Create a catalog in the Business Manager and import your products.
- 4/ Create a shared shop on your Facebook Page and your Instagram business account by selecting the previous catalog.
- 5/ Submit your account for review:
- In your Instagram business account, click on your profile icon and then on the menu icon on the top right and select "Settings" and "Business". Click on "Set up Instagram Shopping".
- Follow the steps to submit your account for review.
Note: it is possible that the account review has already been initiated as a result of associating your Facebook Shop with your Instagram business account.
Your Instagram business profile and your catalog are going to be reviewed for access to the Instagram Shopping features. Usually, the review process takes a few days, but sometimes the account needs to be reviewed in more detail, which can take time...
- 6/ Turn on Shopping features by going back to the "Settings" -> "Business" tab and clicking on "Shopping". If you don't see Shopping in your Settings, your account is probably still under review or it hasn't been approved for Instagram Shopping. Click here to read the eligibility requirements.
To read the complete guide of Instagram Shopping setting up, click here.
Other FAQs in this category
- What are the products that are prohibited to sell on Instagram?
- How to connect my Instagram business account to my Business Manager account?
- How do I link my Instagram business account to my Facebook Page?
- How do I get my Facebook Shop to appear on my professional Instagram profile?
- How to get an Instagram business account?