What does "Too many attribute values for attribute: size (color)" Google error mean?
If you sell apparel products (clothing and accessories), you must export each combination as a product in its own right. Otherwise, Google will refuse your products by sending you an error like "Too many attribute values for attribute: size (or color)".
Indeed, when online consumers are searching and considering apparel and accessories, they are looking for specific product information like for example available sizes and colors. Google uses attribute values to rank products. If a user filters Google Shopping results on size S, he should be able to immediately find product combinations that match size S. If they have the good surprise that the item is available in the right size, there is a good chance that they will buy it.
To know more about best practices for advertising apparel and accessories, click here.
To export each combination independently, go to the module "Feed data options" tab of the "Feed management" section ("Product feed management" for the PRO version of the module) and for the "About products with combinations" option, select "Export each combination as a product in its own right":
To know more about "size" attribute, read our FAQ on it by clicking here.
To know more about "color" attribute, read our FAQ on it by clicking here.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to import my feeds in Google Shopping ?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- My shop uses several currencies: how to make Google detect the correct currency?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- What is the simple ID?
- How to only export products that are available for selling?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- How to create a CRON task?
- How to match my products with Google categories?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?
- How to create custom labels ?
- Why was my selection of categories not properly saved ?
- How to quickly configure my module ?