What is the Google Analytics consent mode?
Our module allows you to activate the consent mode of Google Analytics.
Consent mode allows you to adjust the behavior of the Google Analytics tag based on the consent status of your users. If it is enabled, then as long as the users' consent for the installation of cookies has not been received, the tag will only send information that does not allow the person to be identified.
The cookie consent mode is compatible with any cookie management module. However, if you want to have different levels of consent (consent only to statistical cookies or only to marketing cookies), we recommend that you use the "Advanced Cookie Banner" module of Presta-Module.
To activate the consent mode of your Google Analytics tag, go to the "Consent mode" tab of the module and select "Yes" for the corresponding option :
- If you are using the Presta-Module's Advanced Cookie Banner, the module will automatically detect it and you don't need to configure anything else since both modules are already configured to work together. You just need to save the tab:
- If you are using the Axeptio module, check "Yes" for the corresponding option and save. Our module is already pre-configured to work with the Axeptio module, so you don't need to do anything else:
- If you are using another module to manage cookies, then you only need to specify the HTML element(s) that correspond(s) to the button(s) to accept cookies. This will allow the module to know if the user has given consent or not. If it is a class, don't forget to prefix it with a "#" and if it is an id, prefix it with a "."
Do not forget to save.
To know more about Google consent mode, you can read the Google documentation on the subject.
Other FAQs in this category
- Where to find the measurement ID of my GA4 property?
- How to migrate from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4?
- How to create a GA4 property for my website?
- How to track the activity accross different devices with User-ID parameter?
- How to configure the module?
- How to test my Google Analytics tag?