How to import my products into a catalog I created?
To create ads in different languages or for different currencies, you first have to create your own catalogs (one catalog per different "Country/Language/Currency" group) in the Facebook Business Manager. Click here to know how to do.
Then, you have to import the product data that match with each different "Country/Language/Currency" group in the matching created catalog.
Important note: please note that to be able to add products in a catalog, you have to be "admin" of the catalog. In "Your access" column in the "Catalog Manager" of your Business Manager, you must have the "Manage catalog" access. If it's not the case, ask the company who has created the catalog to give you the necessary rights.
To import your products, follow the following procedure:
- On your Facebook Business Manager interface, click on the three horizontal bars of the menu and select "Catalog Manager":
- Click on the name of the first catalog in which you want to import your products (you will have to repeat the same steps for all your feeds, since each feed has to be imported in a different catalog):
- In the menu on the left, click on the "Products" tab:
- Click on "Add products":
- You are then asked how you want to add products. Select "Use Bulk Upload" and click on "Next":
- Select "Scheduled feed" for the upload option and click on "Next":
- In the first field, depending on the method you have chosen for Facebook product data recovery (see our corresponding FAQ), copy either the on the fly output URL (typically if your catalog contains less than 1000 products), or the URL of the XML file regularly updated by a CRON task (typically if your catalog contains more than 1000 products):
- On the fly data recovery method (catalog < 1000 products):
- OR XML data file recovery method (catalog > 1000 products):
If your data feed URL is password protected, enter your login details and click on "Next".
- Schedule now the automatic updates of your feed. Depending on the frequency of the modifications of your products on your shops, select a frequency (hourly, daily or weekly) and a time to update the feed. If you only change your product information on your shop very rarely, there is no need to schedule a Facebook feed update every hour.
Note that if you select a frequency "Hourly" you can specify that this update is not done every hour, but every 2 hours for example (see drop-down menu "Repeat"):
You also have the possibility to schedule additional updates, in addition to those already scheduled, which will be done when a change is detected by Facebook (for more information click here):
Important note: if you have created a CRON task to update an XML file that will be retrieved by Facebook, be careful to set this CRON task so that it updates the XML file before Facebook retrieves it. Also try to space the schedules of both tasks because depending on the size of your catalog, updating the XML file may take more or less time. For example, if you have set your CRON task so that the XML file is updated every day at 3:00 am, set the file recovery by Facebook at 6:00 am. Also, be careful that the time zone selected is the same for the CRON task and for Facebook recovery.
Click on "Next".
- Give a name to your feed and select the appropriate currency. If you manage several "Country/Language/Currency" feeds, we recommend that you mention into the feed name, the country, language and currency that correspond to the data you are going to import. For example: US en USD.
- Finally, click on "Upload".
- In "Data Sources" you can follow the import progress. When it's done, click on the "Products" sub-tab to see the imported products:
You will also find your products in the "Products" tab of the menu on the left (if they are not yet present, remember to reload the page):
Repeat the previous steps for all your product catalogs (as a reminder, a catalog corresponds to a feed, i. e. a single group "Country/Language/Currency").
If for any reason you want to import your products without waiting for the next automatic update, you can do so by going to the "Data Sources" tab, clicking on the name of your feed and going to the "Settings" sub-tab. Then click on "Request Update Now" in the "Schedules" section:
Finally, don't forget that to track the activity of your customers and vistors on your shop and be able to set dynamic remarketing ads, you have to install a Facebook pixel on your shop. To know how to create and install it, click here. To test the pixel working, click here.
Other FAQs in this category
- Where to find my Business ID?
- How to configure the module ?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- How to match my products with Facebook categories?
- How to create custom labels to segment my catalog?
- Do I have to include the LANG ID in the product ID?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- How to import my products into the "Shop" tab of my Facebook Page?
- My shop uses multi-currency : how to make Facebook detect the correct currency?
- How to create and install my Facebook Pixel?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?
- How to test my Pixel code?