How to add a Shop on my Facebook Page and my Instagram business account?
Before you begin:
- We recommend that you have already created a Facebook business Page, but if not, you can create one when you set up your Shop.
- We recommend that you have already created a catalog and imported your products into it, but if not, you will be able to create one when you set up your Shop, or, if no catalog is present in your Business Manager account, one will be created for you by default, once the Shop is created.
- You must be an administrator of the Business Manager account that owns the Facebook Page and catalog and have at least Page and catalog management rights. Click here to learn more about roles and permissions in Business Manager.
- If you want to make your Shop visible on Instagram as well, you will also need an Instagram Business account. Your Business Manager account must own the Instagram Business account. The Instagram Business account must be linked to your Facebook Page.
To add a "Shop" tab on your Facebook Page and/or on your Instagram Business account, follow the procedure below:
Log into the Facebook Business Manager and select your Business Manager account:
Click on "Add Shop":
Step 1: "Get Started"
After reading the presentation of the Facebook and Instagram Shops, click on "Next" :
Step2: "Choose Checkout Method"
Choose "Checkout on Another Website" to redirect users on your website to finalize their purchase, and click on "Next":
Step 3: "Choose Sales Channels"
Select the sales channel corresponding to your Facebook Page, and the one corresponding to your Instagram Business account, if you have one and also want to display the shop on Instagram, and click "Next" :
Enter your business e-mail address and click on "Submit":
Step 4: "Add products"
Select the catalog you want to show. Follow our FAQ to know how to create a catalog or create one from here:
Click on "Next".
Note: If you don’t have a catalog already, you won’t see this step. Facebook will create a catalog for you automatically in Commerce Manager called “Items for (name and ID of your Page)”. You can add your items later when you’ve finished setting up your Shop.
Step 5: "Shipping Destinations"
Add countries or regions to which you ship. You can add more or edit this list later in the settings. Facebook Shops are not available in all countries or regions. Click Next.
Step 6: "Preview"
Verify the information you have just filled in for the creation of your Facebook Shop, check the box that certifies that you accept the Merchant Agreement and then click on "Finish Setup":
Facebook will now review your Commerce account to ensure that it complies with business rules before you can customize and publish your Shop on your Page. You will receive an e-mail when Facebook has approved your account for Shops:
In the e-mail, click on "Publish your shop", and select your approved Commerce account.
Then go to the "Shops" tab on the left to start your Shop's personalization. Once it will be done, you will be able to publish your Shop so that Facebook users can see it.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to import my products into a Facebook catalog?
- How to configure priority events for iOS14?
- Facebook Starter Guide
- How to create a Facebook product catalog?
- How to create a dynamic remarketing campaign?
- How to create a Business Manager account?
- How to import my products into the "Shop" section of my Facebook Page?
- What are the consequences of the release of iOS14 on the module's Facebook Pixel?
- How to display discount percentages on product ads?
- How to customize my Facebook Shop?
- How to create a Facebook Page?