How to indicate a package weight unit that complies with Google's requirements?
You have the possibility to indicate the package weights in your product data feed.
This information is mandatory if you set your account shipping settings in Merchant Center based on weight, otherwise it is optional. Indeed, when submitting your products to Merchant Center, you’ll also provide information about how much you charge for shipping. Your shipping settings are used across Google programs, including Shopping ads and Shopping Actions. Because shipping costs vary by a variety of factors, the "shipping settings" in Merchant Center allow you to set up shipping tables based on factors like weight, price, destination, and more. To know more about shipping settings, click here.
To indicate the weight of the package for each product that will be exported in the feed, enter the information in the "Shipping" tab of your product files:
Our module will automatically fetch the information and include it in the data feed to be sent in your Google Merchant Center account.
Google only accepts certain weight units for your packages. To know them, click here. Moreover, Google requires that package weight units are written in lower-case letters.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I need to indicate the size system used for my products?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- What are the Google's requirements for product description?
- What is the point of providing a brand for my products?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- What is the product condition?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- How to send quality images to Google Shopping?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- Why my prices must not dynamically change (according to geolocation for instance)?
- What are the guidelines for quality product titles?
- What is the Google "product type" attribute?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Google Shopping?
- Do I need to indicate the size type of my products?
- What is the product GTIN code for?