Do I need to indicate the size system used for my products?
By indicating in your data feed the size system used for your products or product combinations, this allows Google to apply accurate filters that users can use to narrow search results.
You will therefore take advantage of an advanced ranking in Google Shopping. Indeed, the Google Shopping layered navigation allows the users to select, for example, only one system of sizes. By providing the information about the size system used for your products, you will be able to appear in selections by size system.
Example: let's imagine that a Google Shopping user enter the "t-shirt for women" keywords in the Google Shopping search engine and then select the size "S" in the left menu. The size of the displayed products will actually be different depending on the referent size system (the size "S" from French system is different than the one from Italian system). If you sell women's t-shirts in size "S" but according to the Italian system, you may not want to appear in the selection of products which size is from French system. Then, you must specify the correct system in your feed.
The information about the size system used is optional, regardless of the product type. However, if you include the sizes of your products in your data feed (see our FAQ on the size attribute by clicking here), we advise you to specify the size system you're referring to, especially if you use different size systems depending on your products. If you don’t include a size system, the standard system of the targeted country will be used. But, this might not be right for your products. The size system that you submit will affect search, filtering, and how variants are shown in your ad. It's therefore very useful.
In a general way, keep in mind that the more information you will provide about your products to Google, the better your feed will be and the better your product ranking will be in Google Shopping.
Please read the Google's official guidelines about the "size system" tag used by Google Shopping attentively by clicking here.
The "size system" information is especially useful for apparel, so this is why its configuration in the module is available in the "Apparel feed options" tab of the "Feed management" section. However the size system information may also be needed for other product types.
To configure the "size system" tag for each of your categories, select "Yes" for "Do you want to include size system tags?" option and then click "Configure the tag for each category" :
You get a pop-up that lists all your categories(*). Indicate what size type the products of each category are matching with. Several values are available:
- US [US]
- UK [UK]
- EU [EU]
- DE [DE]
- FR [FR]
- JP [JP]
- CN (China) [CN]
- IT [IT]
- BR [BR]
- MEX [MEX]
- AU [AU]
(*)Warning : please note that the categories we are talking about are the DEFAULT categories.
Then, click "Modify" and remember to save the "Apparel feed options" tab (bottom right) once the tags are set.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- What is the point of providing a brand for my products?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- What is the product condition?
- What are the Google's requirements for product description?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- How to send quality images to Google Shopping?
- Do I need to indicate the size type of my products?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- What are the guidelines for quality product titles?
- What is the Google "product type" attribute?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Google Shopping?
- How to indicate a package weight unit that complies with Google's requirements?
- What is the product GTIN code for?