What is the product condition?
Google requires merchants to indicate the condition of the products they want to diffuse on Google Shopping, that is to say, if they are new, used or refurbished (professionaly restored to working order and that come with a warranty). In more technical words, Google requires that in the product data feed, the "g:condition" attribute is filled with a not empty value.
You have to indicate this condition (new, used, refurbished) into each product file by going to your PrestaShop back office:
This value is automatically fetched by our module. However, we set up a "replacement value" that is used only if for any reason the condition isn't fetched (which hardly ever happens). This replacement value ensures you that the module will always send a non empty value for the Google "g:condition" tag.
So, select the condition that matches the best with the products you sell, and if you don't know what to select, leave the default value (that is "new").
For more info on Google requirements about product condition click here.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I need to indicate the size system used for my products?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- What are the Google's requirements for product description?
- What is the point of providing a brand for my products?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- How to send quality images to Google Shopping?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- Why my prices must not dynamically change (according to geolocation for instance)?
- What are the guidelines for quality product titles?
- What is the Google "product type" attribute?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Google Shopping?
- How to indicate a package weight unit that complies with Google's requirements?
- Do I need to indicate the size type of my products?
- What is the product GTIN code for?