How to import my feeds in Google Shopping ?
Before following this documentation, please check that:
- you have created an account on Google Merchant Center
- you have created an account on Google Ads
- you have linked your Google Merchant Center account to your Google Ads one
- you have finished configuring your product data feed, through the module options, by correctly reading the documentation accessible through the links in each tab.
Once you have done the verifications above, go to the module "My feeds" tab. Depending on the volume of your catalog and the performance of your server, you can ask Google to retrieve your product data, at a given frequency, in real time (execution of a data writing script), or in an XML file physically present on your server and updated regularly through a CRON task. To find out which solution to take and the difference between the two, please read our FAQ on the subject.
Depending on the data recovery method you choose, click on one of the green "Use this solution" buttons:
Note that depending on the volume of your catalog, the module indicates the method that seems to be the best (via a "recommended" blue badge). However, as it also depends on the performance of your server, it is possible that the module recommends that you use the physical file method but that your server is powerful enough to support on-the-fly recovery. The "recommended" badge is therefore only an advice, choose the best method according to your equipment.
Open a second tab in your browser and go to your Google Merchant Center online account.
In the menu on the left, go to "Products" -> "Feeds" and in the "Primary feeds" section click on the "+" button to create a new product feed:
Indicate the country in which you want to promote your products in Google Shopping. Google will automatically detect the associated currency:
Indicate the language corresponding to the content of your feed among those authorized according to the selected country:
Check that you agree with the distribution networks of your products (destinations), then click on "Continue":
Give a name to your data feed, for example by indicating the country, language and currency (you will then be able to distinguish your different feeds, if you create several):
Then select the method of "Scheduled fetch" from a file and click on "Continue":
You are asked to enter the name of the file containing your data. You can actually put the name you want but we advise you to put the same name as the one you just gave to your feed (a data file corresponds to a Country/Language/Currency feed, so it makes sense to give them the same name):
Then define the frequency of data recovery by Google, the fetch time and the time zone. This frequency is to be determined according to the frequency of your product data modifications. In general, we recommend a daily frequency.
Warning: if you have chosen the method of data recovery from an XML file on your server and regularly updated by a CRON task, you must ensure that Google only fetches the data once the XML file has been updated. The Google data fetch schedule must therefore be later than the execution of the data update CRON task. We also advise you, depending on the amount of data to update, to allow enough time between the two actions to make sure that when Google fetches your data they will have finished being updated.
Then, return in the module "My feeds" tab:
- If you have chosen the "On-the-fly output" method, on the line corresponding to the "Country/Language/Currency" combination concerned by this first feed, click on the icon indicated below to copy the URL:
- If you have chosen the "Physical file + CRON task" method, in "Your XML files" subtab, on the line corresponding to the "Country/Language/Currency" combination concerned by this first feed, click on the icon indicated below to copy the URL of the XML file:
Once you have copied the correct URL, return to the feed configuration in the Merchant Center interface and paste it into "File URL". If your URL is password protected, enter the login information and then click on "Create feed":
Your first feed, associated with a unique combination of "Country/Language/Currency", is created. You can find the related line in the "Products" -> "Feeds" tab of your Merchant Center account:
Google is now going to check the content of your file to see if it complies with Google Shopping regulations. A waiting period of approximately one week (or more) is to be expected. The results of the evaluation will be found in the "Products" -> "Diagnostics" tab of your Google Merchant Center interface:
In order to show the feed products on Google Shopping, you now have to go to your Google Ads account and create Google Ads Shopping campaigns. Click here to follow the official guide.
Redo exactly the same steps for all the "Country/Language/Currency" combinations in which you want to promote your product data.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- My shop uses several currencies: how to make Google detect the correct currency?
- How to only export products that are available for selling?
- What is the simple ID?
- How to match my products with Google categories?
- How to quickly configure my module ?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- What does the addition of the utm_content parameter in my product links allow?
- How is the ID of an item built in the Merchant Center feed ?
- What is the Google "product type" attribute?
- How to create a CRON task?
- What is the product condition?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Google Shopping?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- How to exclude products from certain advertising channels?
- How to create custom labels ?
- How not to promote products in certain countries while using the same feed?