How to configure my special offer (promotion) feed ?
Thanks to its "Merchant Promotions" service, Google allows you to distribute online promotions with your Product Shopping ads on Google.com and Google Shopping, without additional cost. When you add promotions to products that you sell on Google, shoppers see a “special offer” link. By clicking on it, users can get specifications about the offer. This link can increase the appeal of your Product Shopping ads and encourage shoppers to buy :
If you want to take advantage of the Google "Merchant Promotions" service, you must have a Google Merchant Center account with a products feed active and make an application to Google by filling out the Merchant Promotions Interest Form by clicking here.
You can also find this form by clicking on the 3 little points at the top right corner of your Google Merchant Center account interface, and then on "Merchant Center programs" :
Access to the form by selecting the "Merchant Promotions" program and clicking on "Get started" :
To learn more about participation criteria, please read this documentation.
The Pro version of our Google Merchant Center module allows you to export your special offers in a data feed separate from that of your products. The "Special offer" links will be then automatically added by Google on your product campaigns.
How to configure my special offers feed in the module interface?
Go to the "Promotion data feed configuration" tab of the module "Promotion / Inventory / Review feeds" section :
Google requires that your promotions meet certain criteria (especially, they haven't to be too restrictive : for example, they haven't to be reserved for a subset of shoppers or for a country in particular). To learn more about these criteria, please read the official documentation about participation criteria and policies of Merchant Promotions service.
We made sure, in the module code, that the cart rules that will be exported meet these mandatory criteria in order to avoid any risk of suspension of your account for non-compliance with the regulation.
Also, among the special offers that respect the rules and that can be distributed on Google Shopping, we give you the possibility to choose which ones will or will not be exported according to your own strategy.
So you can choose :
- to export only the cart rules bearing a certain name
- to export only the offers valid during a certain period between 2 dates
- to export only the offers valid only after a minimum amount of purchase
- to export only the offers whose the rule is between two values (2 percents or 2 amounts of money)
- to export only cumulative or non-cumulative offers
knowing that you can cumulate several filters.
In this example, only the offer codes valid from the 2017/06/14 to the 2017/09/14 AND which need a 50€ minimum amount of purchase will be exported.
Don't forget to click on the "Search" green button and then to ckeck that the cart rules displayed in the "Preview of cart rules for data feed" part are those that you want to distribute on Google Shopping.
How to import my special offers feed on Google Shopping?
The procedure is the same as the products feed importation (see FAQ about the products feed importation on Google Shopping) except that, in your Google Merchant Center account interface, you have to go to the "Promotions" tab instead of the "Products" one :
- As for creating a products feed, click on "Feed" and then on the "+" blue button :
- Select the "Standard" mode and indicate the target country. The currency is automatically filled in according to the country. Select the language of the feed and click "Continue":
- Enter a name for your feed. We advise to indicate the language and the target country in the feed name (for example: feed_promo_USA_en). Regarding the input method, as you use our module to automatically export your data at a certain frequency, select the "Scheduled fetch" input method and click "Continue":
- Configure your feed: give a name to the file which is going to be created (you can give the same name as the feed since 1 feed matches 1 file). Be careful that you cannot leave some spaces between the words, so put rather undersores (write "feed_promo_USA_en" rather than "feed promo USA en").
Schedule your feed update frequency. Contrary to product feeds, it's not necessary to set up a CRON task, data can be "on-the-fly" retrieved. So, in the "File URL" field, enter the on-the-fly output URL (matching with the target country), that is indicated in the "Special offers data feed" tab of the module "My feeds" section:
- If your URL is password protected, provide your login info, then click on "Save". You should see appear the line corresponding to your special offers feed as below:
- All you have to do now is to wait for your feed validation by Google. However, the validation will start only once your data will be imported a first time in the interface, which will be done at the time you indicated in "Fetch time" (see above). If you want to submit your data straightaway to Google validation, click on the feed name and then on "Fetch Now" :
This manual importation is, of course, only necessary for the first time, in order to submit immediately your data to validation and to not waste time. After that, your data updating will be automatic, as you indicated in the previous configuration ("scheduled fetch").
Other FAQs in this category
- How to create advanced custom labels ?
- How to display my product price per measure unit?
- What is the point of exporting the cost price of products?
- How to apply specific shipping labels?
- How to display the energy efficiency class of my products?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- How to configure my product ratings feed ?
- What are the additionnal features for product title of the PRO version?
- How to switch from a classic GMC feed to a Pro one ?