How to create and install my Facebook Pixel?
After having created an account in the Facebook Business Manager (click here if you've not done it yet), click on the three horizontal bars of the menu, hover over "All tools" and click on "Events Manager":
On the page's right, click on "Add Data Source" and then on "Facebook pixel":
A pop-up opens so that you can create your pixel. Give a name to your pixel and click on "Create":
A message telling you that your pixel has been well created displays:
Then, Facebook offers to help you install the pixel on your shop. Click on "Cancel" to close the window because the installation of the pixel will be done by our module:
Copy the Pixel ID that is to the right of the window and go to the module "Facebook Pixel" tab. Paste the ID in the field that matches:
Click on "Save" at the bottom of the page. A message on a green background indicating that settings have been updated should be displayed:
Now that you have indicated the pixel ID in the module, go back to the Facebook Business Manager interface. Click on the three horizontal bars of the menu, hover over "All tools" and click on "Catalogs":
If you haven't created product catalogs yet, read the "How to create a product catalog?" of the "How to import my products in Facebook?" FAQ.
If you have already created them, click on the name of one of them and then on "Settings" in the top menu:
Click then on the "Associate" button of the "Associated Event Source" option in order to associate your pixel with this product catalog:
Select the pixel that you've just created and click on "Save":
A message appears confirming the association. Click on "OK":
Go back to the list of catalogs and redo exactly the same steps for all of them.
Once the pixel is set up on your shop and associated with all your catalogs, click here to visit the FAQ that will help you to test its working.
To know how to import products into your catalogs on the Facebook Business Manager, click here.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to import my products into a catalog I created?
- How to test my Pixel code?
- How to match my products with Facebook categories?
- How to configure the module ?
- How to create custom labels to segment my catalog?
- Do I have to include the LANG ID in the product ID?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- Where to find my Business ID?
- How to import my products into the "Shop" tab of my Facebook page?
- My shop uses multi-currency : how to make Facebook detect the correct currency?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?