How to create and install my Facebook Pixel?
After having created an account in the Facebook Business Manager (click here if you've not yet done so), click on the three horizontal bars of the menu, hover over "All tools" and click on "Events Manager":
In the menu on the left, click on "Add New Data Source" and then on "Facebook Pixel":
A pop-up window opens to allow you to create your pixel. Give a name to your pixel and click on "Continue". It is not necessary to enter the URL of your website since it is not Facebook that will implement the pixel on your shop but our module.
Facebook may offer to help you install the pixel on your store. Click on "Cancel" to close the window because the installation of the pixel will be done by our module:
Copy the Pixel ID and paste it in the "Facebook Pixel" -> "Pixel Code" tab of the module:
Copy and paste your Business Manager account ID (click here to know where to find it) and click on "Save":
You will now have to link this pixel to all your Facebook catalogs.
Return to the Facebook Business Manager interface. Click on the three horizontal bars of the menu, hover over "All tools" and click on "Catalogs":
Click on the name of your catalog (as a reminder, you can either create a new catalog and import your products in it, or use the one created by default).
In the menu on the left, click on "Events Data Sources" and on the "Connect to Tracking" blue button:
Select the pixel you've just created and click on "Save":
A message appears confirming the association of the pixel with your product catalog. Click on "OK":
If you have several catalogs, you just have to link the same pixel to each of them by repeating exactly the same steps as the first catalog.
Once the pixel is associated with all your catalogs, click here to visit the FAQ that will help you to test it.
Other FAQs in this category
- Where to find my Business ID?
- How to import my products into a catalog I created?
- How to import my products into the "Shop" tab of my Facebook Page?
- How to configure the module ?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- How to test my Pixel code?
- How to match my products with Facebook categories?
- How to create custom labels to segment my catalog?
- Do I have to include the LANG ID in the product ID?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- My shop uses multi-currency : how to make Facebook detect the correct currency?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?