How to create and install my Facebook Pixel?
After having created an account in the Facebook Business Manager (click here if you've not yet done so), click on the Business Tools menu icon and select "Events Manager":
In the vertical menu bar on the left, hover over the green "+" and click on "Connect data sources":
Select the source "Web" and click on "Get started":
Select the method "Facebook Pixel" for the sending of web events and click on "Connect":
Give a name to your pixel and click on "Continue". It is not necessary to enter the URL of your website since it is not Facebook that will implement the pixel on your shop but our module.
The next step offers help to install the pixel on your site. Click on the cross at the top right to close because your pixel has already been installed by our module :)
Click on the name of your pixel on the right and then go to the "Settings" tab and click on the number corresponding to the ID of your pixel to copy it:
Paste it in th "Facebook Pixel" -> "Pixel Code" tab of the module:
Go back to the Business Manager interface and copy your Business Manager account ID (under "Owner") :
and paste it in the module:
Do not forget to save.
You will now have to link this pixel to all your Facebook catalogs.
Return to the Facebook Business Manager interface. Click on the menu icon in the right vertical bar and select "Catalog Manager":
Click on the name of your catalog (as a reminder, you can either create a new catalog and import your products in it, or use the one created by default):
In the menu on the left, click on "Events" and on the "Connect to Tracking" blue button:
Select the pixel you've just created and click on "Save":
Your pixel is now associated with your product catalog:
If you have several catalogs, you just have to link the same pixel to each of them by repeating exactly the same steps as the first catalog.
Once the pixel is associated with all your catalogs, click here to visit the FAQ that will help you to test it.
Other FAQs in this category
- Where to find my Business ID?
- How to import my products into a Facebook catalog?
- How to configure the module ?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- How to match my products with Facebook categories?
- How to create custom labels to segment my catalog?
- Do I have to include the LANG ID in the product ID?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- How to import my products into the "Shop" section of my Facebook Page?
- My shop uses multi-currency : how to make Facebook detect the correct currency?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?
- How to test my Pixel code?