How is the ID of an item built in the Merchant Center feed ?
In your Merchant Center product feed, each item (whether it is a product or the combination of a product if you export by combination) is identified by a code, called the item's feed ID. This feed ID is different from the corresponding product ID on your shop.
Depending on the configuration options you have chosen, this feed ID can be simple or complex.
1/ Complex ID
In the module "Basic settings" tab, if you leave the "Do you want to have simple product IDs?" option on NO (as it's the case by default) and you fill in a prefix identifying your shop, then the ID of your items in the feed will be built like this:
Feed ID = SHOP PREFIX + LANGUAGE PREFIX + PRODUCT ID
Where the SHOP PREFIX is the prefix filled in the "Product ID prefix of the shop" option, the LANGUAGE PREFIX is the language of the feed and the PRODUCT ID is the ID of the product in your Prestashop store.
Note that if you decide not to fill anything in the field corresponding to the shop prefix, in this case, the feed ID will only be composed of the language prefix and the product ID.
If in addition to this, in the "Feed Data Options" tab, you choose to "Export each combination as a product in its own right", then the ID of your items in the feed will be built like this:
Feed ID = SHOP PREFIX + LANGUAGE PREFIX + PRODUCT ID + SEPARATOR + COMBINATION ID SUFFIX
2/ Simple ID
The feed ID is simple when it does not contain a prefix.
This will be the case if in the "Basic settings" tab of the module, you select YES for the option "Do you want to have simple product IDs?". The ID of an item in the feed will then only be composed of the numeric ID of your product as it is in your back office:
Feed ID = PRODUCT ID
Or, if in the "Feed Data Options" tab, you choose to "Export each combination as a product in its own right", then the ID of your items in the feed will be built like this:
Feed ID = PRODUCT ID + SEPARATOR + COMBINATION ID SUFFIX
Other FAQs in this category
- How to import my feeds in Google Shopping ?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- What is the simple ID?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- How to only export products that are available for selling?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Google Shopping?
- What is the Google "product type" attribute?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- How to quickly configure my module ?
- How not to promote products in certain countries while using the same feed?
- What does the addition of the utm_content parameter in my product links allow?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?
- How to create custom labels ?
- How to match my products with Google categories?
- How to exclude products from certain advertising channels?
- What is the product condition?
- My shop uses several currencies: how to make Google detect the correct currency?