How to exclude products from certain advertising channels?
If you want to exclude certain products from certain advertising channels, you can assign them a "excluded destination" tag whose value will be the name of the ads type on which you do not want them to appear.
This tag is of course optional but can be very useful, especially with the Google's new service release, Google Shopping Actions, which allows you to sell products directly in the Google environment. You can control the promotion of your products on this channel by allowing only certain products to be sold.
To know more about this tag, click here.
To configure the "excluded destination" tag for each of your product categories, in the "Feed data options" tab, select "Yes" for the "Do you want to include excluded destination tags?" option and then click on "Configure the tag for each category":
You get a pop-up that lists all your categories(*). Indicate on which advertising channel you do not want to see the products of each category to appear. Several values are available :
- Shopping ads: by assigning this tag, you prevent products of the category from showing in Shopping ads
- Shopping Actions: by assigning this tag, you prevent products of the category from being sold on Google Shopping Actions
- Display ads: by assigning this tag, you prevent products of the category from showing in dynamic remarketing ads
- Local shopping: by assigning this tag, you prevent products of the category from showing in Local Shopping
- Surfaces accross Google: by assigning this tag, you prevent products of the category from showing on surfaces across Google
Please note that you can assign several tags to the products of a category in order to exclude them from several advertising channels. To do so, select several ads types by holding down the CTRL (or CMD) key.
(*)Warning : please note that the categories we are talking about are the DEFAULT categories.
Then click on "Modify". Do not forget to save the "Feed data options" tab of the module.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to import my feeds in Google Shopping ?
- How to fill my shop's URL?
- Do I need to rewrite numeric values into the combination URLs?
- My shop uses several currencies: how to make Google detect the correct currency?
- What is the simple ID?
- How to only export products that are available for selling?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Google Shopping?
- Do I have to ask the module to include the attribute IDs into combination URLs?
- How to quickly configure my module ?
- How to create a CRON task?
- How to automatically update my feeds (on-the-fly output or CRON task)?
- How to create custom labels ?
- How to match my products with Google categories?
- What is the product condition?
- What is the Google "product type" attribute?