What is the "product type" attribute?
The "product type" attribute corresponds to the product default category path.
To fill in this attribute, our module uses the PrestaShop native function "breadcrump", which fetches the full category path (that is to say the path of each product you want to export). For example: Electronics > DVD players > BluRay.
In most cases, the product path will correctly be fetched. However, if you have, for example, products which path is limited to the "Home" default category of your shop, the PrestaShop "breadcrumb" function will return an empty value. But the "product_type" tag requires a not empty value. So, it's why we have set up a "replacement" value that will be entered in the "product_type" tag if the "breadcrump" function wouldn't work.
In the "What type of products are you selling?" field, please indicate a name for this replacement value. You can simply enter "home" or "home products" or indicate for example the kind of products you are selling ("Electronic" if you sell electronic equipment, "Shoes" if you sell shoes, etc...). Indeed, you can enter what you want. This name will allow you to easily find, in your ads manager account, the products for which the "breadcrump" function didn't work:
Make sure to give a replacement value for every language by clicking on the drop-down menu next to the field.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to send quality images to Facebook?
- What is the product condition?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Facebook?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- What is the product GTIN code for?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- What are Facebook's requirements for shipping weights?
- What are the guidelines for product titles?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- What are the Facebook's requirements for product description?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to provide the brand of my products in my feed?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?