Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
Facebook "age group" tags correspond to the age for which your products are intended.They are mostly useful for apparel and it's why their configuration in the module is available in "Apparel feed options" tab of "Feed management" section. However they can also be applied to other product types that are specifically made for kids for example. Anyway, if your products have this information, do not hesitate to include it in your feed. Indeed, the more data your feed will contain, the more possibilities you will have to segment and manage your catalog.
To configure the "age group" tag for each of your categories, follow the procedure below.
Select "Yes" for the "Do you want to include age group tags?" option, save the tab and click on the green button to configure the tag for each product category:
You get a table in which you can indicate the age group for which the products belonging to each category(*) are intended. Each category is independant and can therefore be associated with a different age group. You also have the possibility to assign the same age group for all categories with a single click using the buttons at the top of the table.
Several values predefined by Facebook are possible:
- Adult (over 13 years old)
- Kids (between 5 and 13 years old)
- Toddler (between 1 and 5 years old)
- Infant (between 3 and 12 months old)
- Newborn (up to 3 months old)
(*)Warning : please note that the categories we are talking about are the DEFAULT categories.
Don't forget to click on "Modify" and then to save the "Apparel feed options" module configuration tab.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to send quality images to Facebook?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- What is the Facebook "product type" attribute?
- What is the product condition?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Facebook?
- What is the product GTIN code for?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- What are Facebook's requirements for shipping weights?
- What are the guidelines for product titles?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- What are the Facebook's requirements for product description?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to provide the brand of my products in my feed?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?