What is the product GTIN code for?
The GTIN code is the "Global Trade Item Number". In PrestaShop, it will be represented by either the EAN13/JAN code (for European or Japanese products) or the UPC code (for US products).
As far as possible, try to get these barcodes.
Warning : your code must be made up of 13 characters (if it's an EAN-13 code), 8 characters (if it's a JAN code) or 12 characters (if it's an UPC code). If the characters number is different of these three last values, Facebook may refuse your related product because the GTIN will not be recognized.
For more information about the GTIN codes and to know where to find them, don't hesitate to read this FAQ.
If your product doesn't have GTIN code, you must fill either the product supplier reference (MPN code) or its brand. Indeed, for your products to be uniquely identified by Facebook, they must have at least 1 out of the 3 attributes (GTIN code, brand or MPN code) filled.
How to only export products that have a GTIN code ?
If your products don't have MPN code or brand, your must provide GTIN codes. The module allows you to temporarily decide not to export products that do not have GTIN code, until you are able to get all your product codes.
- Go to the module "Product exclusion rules" tab of the "Feed management" section
- Select "YES" for the "Do not export products without EAN13 or UPC ?" option
By selecting "YES", only products with GTIN code will be exported.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Facebook?
- What are Facebook's requirements for shipping weights?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- What is the Facebook "product type" attribute?
- What is the product condition?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- What are the guidelines for product titles?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- What are the Facebook's requirements for product description?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to provide the brand of my products in my feed?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- How to send quality images to Facebook?