Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
Facebook tags on the gender of people (male, female, unisex) for whom your products are intended are mostly useful for apparel and it's why their configuration in the module is available in the "Apparel feed options" tab of "Feed management" section. However they can also be applied to other product types that are specifically made for men or women. Anyway, if your products have this information, do not hesitate to include it in your feed. Indeed, the more data your feed will contain, the more possibilities you will have to segment and manage your catalog.
To configure the "gender" tag for each of your categories, follow the procedure below.
Select "Yes" for the "Do you want to include "gender" tags?" option, save the tab and click the green button to configure the tag for each product category:
You get a table in which you can indicate the gender of the people for whom each category(*) is intended. Each category is independent and therefore you can indicate that one category is for men and another for women. You also have the possibility to assign the same tag for all categories with a single click using the buttons at the top of the table.
You have the choice between three Facebook predefined values :
(*)Warning : please note that the categories we are talking about are the DEFAULT categories.
Click on "Modify" and then don't forget to save the "Apparel feed options" configuration tab of the module.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to send quality images to Facebook?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- What is the Facebook "product type" attribute?
- What is the product condition?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Facebook?
- What is the product GTIN code for?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- What are Facebook's requirements for shipping weights?
- What are the guidelines for product titles?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- What are the Facebook's requirements for product description?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to provide the brand of my products in my feed?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?