Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
The more information you will provide about your products to Facebook, the better your feed will be.
The Facebook "Gender" attribute is mostly useful to apparel and it's why its configuration in the module is available in "Apparel feed options" tab in "Feed management" section. However it can also be applied to other products that are specifically meant for men or women.
To configure the tag for each of your categories, select "Yes" for "Include product gender?" option (in the "Apparel feed options" tab of the "Feed management" section) and then click on "configure the tag for each category":
You get a pop-up that lists all your categories(*). For each of them independantly, you can associate one of the three Facebook predefined values :
(*)Warning : please note that the categories we are talking about are the DEFAULT categories. The product default category is the one you indicate in the "Associations" tab of the product sheet in your back office (in the "Default category" field).
Click on "Modify" and then don't forget to save the "Apparel feed options" form.
Other FAQs in this category
- What is the product GTIN code for?
- What are Facebook's requirements for shipping weights?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- What is the Facebook "product type" attribute?
- What is the product condition?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Facebook?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- What are the guidelines for product titles?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- What are the Facebook's requirements for product description?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to provide the brand of my products in my feed?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- How to send quality images to Facebook?