What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
The MPN attribute ("Manufacturer Part Number") matches the "Supplier reference" attribute in PrestaShop. As far as possible, try to get this reference. It is often on your supplier's invoice or shipping slip when your suppliers ship the product to you. Then fill this reference for each product combination in your back-office product sheet:
If you have no supplier reference for your products, you must fill either the product GTIN (EAN13/JAN or UPC) code or its brand. Indeed, for your products to be uniquely identified by Facebook, they must have at least 1 out of the 3 attributes (GTIN code, brand or MPN code) filled. For more information about these attributes, follow this FAQ related sections.
How to only export products that have a MPN code ?
If your products don't have GTIN code or brand, therefore you must provide MPN codes. If you only have these for certain products, waiting to be able to retreive all from your suppliers, the module allows you to only export products that already have a MPN code, in order to start to advertise on Facebook.
- Go to the module "Product exclusion rules" tab of the "Feed management" section
- Select "YES" for the "Do not export products without EAN13 or UPC ?" option
By selecting "YES", only products with MPN code will be exported.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to send quality images to Facebook?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Facebook?
- What is the product condition?
- What are Facebook's product data guidelines?
- What are Facebook's requirements for shipping weights?
- What are the guidelines for product titles?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- Do I have to provide the brand of my products in my feed?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- What are the Facebook's requirements for product description?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- What is the product GTIN code for?
- What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
- What is the "product type" attribute?