What is the use of prefixing product IDs?
In your module "Basic settings" tab, you have the ability to indicate a prefix for the product IDs:
This prefix is not obligatory but it must be useful and here is why:
If you complete this prefix and you select "YES" to include the language information(*) in the product IDs (option just above, from the 1.3.0 version of the module), in your data feed XML file, the module will build for each of your products a unique identifier (ID):
For example : MSEN1v1
This ID is like the "fingerprint" of your product and it allows the product to be uniquely identified.
It's made up of a prefix, a language code (for example EN for English), a numeral code (1, 2, 3, 4, etc...) that matches the product ID in your PrestaShop back office and, if you chose to export each product combination as a single product (feature available from the 1.3.0 version of the module), you will also have a code that indicates the combination.
To make this ID, the module will automatically fetch the numeral code, the combination code and, if you checked YES, it will retrieve the information about the language(*). But, you have to indicate a prefix, that could be for example your shop name's initials and that will be the same for all your products. This will provide an unique way to identify your products that will be exported with our module in your Facebook Business Manager account. This may be very useful for tracking the origin of the products, especially if you manage several different shops : by including a different prefix for each shop you will know from which shop a product comes from. This gives you an additional filter option.
The name you choose for the prefix isn't important but we advise you to put your shop's name's initials. For example, if your shop's name is "Mary's shop", you can choose to write "MS". 2 or 3 characters are enought.
(*)Note: in a same way, it's recommended to include the information about the language in the product ID. However, from the 1.3.0 version of the module, this is not obligatory. To know more, click here.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to send quality images to Facebook?
- What is the product condition?
- How to indicate the availability of my products on Facebook?
- Do I have to indicate the gender for which my products are made?
- What is the "product type" attribute?
- What is the product GTIN code for?
- What is the product supplier reference (MPN code) for?
- Do I have to provide information about my product material?
- Do I have to provide information about my product patterns?
- What are Facebook's product data guidelines?
- What are Facebook's requirements for shipping weights?
- What are the Facebook's requirements for product description?
- How to tag products reserved for adults?
- Do I have to include product sizes in the feed?
- Do I have to provide product colors in the feed?
- Do I have to provide the brand of my products in my feed?
- What are the price guidelines to follow?
- What are the guidelines for product titles?
- Is it necessary to indicate an age group for using my products?