How to configure my product ratings feed ?
The Google "Product ratings" program provides people access to the ratings and reviews about a product which is in Google Shopping or in Shopping ads. Product Ratings appear as a 1-5 star rating system and a count of total reviews. These star ratings represent aggregated rating and review data for the product, compiled from multiple sources (and not only from your products customers reviews) including reviews given by merchants themselves, third-party aggregators, editorial sites and of course consumers.
- Of course, you must have an active Merchant Center account associated to your business website. If you don't have a Merchant Center account, follow the Google guide to create one.
- To participate in the Product Ratings program, you must have a minimum of 50 reviews across all of your products. A product must have at least 3 reviews for star ratings to show on Shopping Ads, though products with fewer than 3 reviews are eligible to show star ratings on the Shopping property.
- To ensure an exceptional user experience and a healthy merchant ecosystem, Google requires that merchants participating in Product Ratings adhere to strict policies. To read them, please click here.
Once you’ve confirmed your eligibility to participate in Product Ratings program, complete and submit the Product Ratings interest form available by clicking here. Google will review your submission and contact you within a week. You can also find this form from your Google Merchant Center account, by clicking on the three vertical buttons at the top right corner of the interface, and then by clicking on "Merchant Center Programs" and on the "get started" button of the "Product ratings" program.
The Google Merchant Center Pro version allows you to export your product reviews, on condition that your reviews are collected from, either the PrestaShop "Product Comment" nativ module, or our "Customer Ratings and reviews Pro + Google Rich Snippets" module.
How to configure my product reviews feed in the module interface?
You don't have to do any configuration in the module interface. The module retreives itself the reviews feed from either the PrestaShop nativ reviews module "Product Comment", or from our "Customer ratings and reviews + Google Rich Snippets" module.
How to import my product reviews feed in Google Shopping?
The procedure is the same as the products feed importation (see our FAQ about the products feed importation on Google Shopping) except that, in your Google Merchant Center account interface, you have to go to the "Product reviews" tab instead of the "Products" one :
- As for creating a products feed, click on "Feed" and then on the "+" blue button :
- Select the "Product Reviews" feed type, this time (and not the "Products" type as for a products feed). Then indicate the target country and give a name to your feed. We advise you to indicate, in the feed name, the langage and the target country (for example : Reviews_en_US). Then click on "Continue" :
- As you use a module to export your data, select the "Scheduled fetch" input method, and then click on "Continue" :
- Configure your feed : give a name to the file which is going to be created (you can give the same name as the feed because one feed matches one file). Be careful that you cannot leave some spaces between the words, so put rather undersores (write "Reviews_en_US" rather than "Reviews en US"). Schedule your feed fetch frequency. Contrary to product feeds, it's not necessary to set up a CRON task (read this FAQ to learn more about CRON task), data can be retrieved "on-the-fly". So, in the "File URL" field, enter the on-the-fly output URL (matching with the target country), that is indicated in the "Product reviews data feed" tab of the module "My feeds" section.
- If your URL is password protected, provide your login info, then click on "Save". And you have finished configuring your Product reviews feed :
- All you have to do now is to wait for your feed validation by Google. However, the validation will start only once your data will be imported a first time in the interface, which will be done at the time you indicated in "Fetch time" (see above). If you want to submit your data straightaway to Google validation, click on the feed name and then on "Fetch Now" :
This manual importation is, of course, only necessary for the first time, in order to submit immediately your data to validation and to not waste time. After that, your data updating will be automatic, as you indicated in the previous configuration ("scheduled fetch").
Other FAQs in this category
- How to create advanced custom labels ?
- How to configure my special offer (promotion) feed ?
- How to display my product price per measure unit?
- How to apply specific shipping labels?
- How to display the energy efficiency class of my products?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- What is the point of exporting the cost price of products?
- What are the additionnal features for product title of the PRO version?
- How to switch from a classic GMC feed to a Pro one ?