Can I temporarily stop certain products from showing in shopping ads?
If you want to stop showing a specific product for a short period (less than 14 days), you can use the "pause" tag. You can temporarily stop your product from being displayed on all Shopping locations (i.e on ads AND free listings) or only on ads (and leave it displayed on free listings). You can then simply delete this tag to reactivate the product on all Shopping locations.
- Only pause a product for 14 days or less. If you need to stop showing your product for more than 14 days, use the excluded destination tag (see our FAQ on the subject)
- This tag can't be used to pause only free listings. You can use it to only pause your ads, or, your ads plus free listings. If you want to pause only free listings, use the excluded destination tag.
The Google Merchant Center Pro module (from the 1.9.0 version) allows you to activate this tag very simply.
Go to the "Advanced feed options" tab and scroll down to the "Stop showing products for a short time" section:
To pause one or several specific products for all Shopping locations (ads AND free listings), select the following option:
To pause one or several specific products only for ads only (they will continue to be displayed in free listings), select the following option:
Then start typing the name of the first product to pause, and select it from the list that appears:
Once the first product has been selected, it is placed in the list below:
Repeat the process to add other products to be paused, then save. In your data feeds, the paused products will have a "pause" tag, which will indicate to Google that you want to momentarily stop showing these products.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to configure my special offer (promotion) feed ?
- How to display my product price per measure unit?
- What are the additionnal features for product title of the PRO version?
- How to add a local inventory feed in Google Merchant Center?
- What is the difference between the classical module and its Pro version?
- How to create advanced custom labels ?
- How to configure my product ratings feed ?
- How to apply specific shipping labels?
- How to display the energy efficiency class of my products?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- What is the point of exporting the cost price of products?
- How to switch from a classic GMC feed to a Pro one ?
- Google Customer Reviews: what are the conditions for Google to request product ratings in addition to seller ratings?
- Google Customer Reviews: Why does my badge say "No Reviews Available" when I've already collected reviews?
- Google Customer Reviews: Where to find my Google Merchant Center account ID?
- Google Customer Reviews: Is the program available in my country?
- Google Customer Reviews: How to configure the feature?
- Google Customer Reviews: What is the Google Customer Reviews program?
- How to configure my local product inventory feed?
- What are local inventory ads for?
- Where can I find my store code?