What is the point of exporting the cost price of products?
From the Google Merchant Center Pro 1.7.0 version, you have the ability to indicate the cost of goods in your feed :
Thanks to this data, when you consult your Shopping ads conversion report on your Google Ads account, you will be able to obtain information on the gross profit made. The gross profit corresponds to the difference between the HT revenue generated by the sale of a product through shopping ads and the cost price of this product, i.e. the HT price that this product cost you at the time of purchase or production.
To know more on Google Ads conversions reports, please click here.
You have to indicate the wholesale price (without taxes) of each product in their back office file ("Pricing" tab):
The cost price that you share with Google does not need to be exact. You need only to provide a rough estimate of your actual cost price in order to get an indication of how much profit you made through conversions. If your cost price varies for a given product, Google recommends you provide an average.
For more information on products cost price (COGS) to export on Google Merchant Center click here.
Other FAQs in this category
- How to display my product price per measure unit?
- How to configure my special offer (promotion) feed ?
- What are the additionnal features for product title of the PRO version?
- How to add a local inventory feed in Google Merchant Center?
- What is the difference between the classical module and its Pro version?
- Google Customer Reviews: Why does my badge say "No Reviews Available" when I've already collected reviews?
- Google Customer Reviews: What are the conditions for Google to request product ratings in addition to seller ratings?
- Google Customer Reviews: Where to find my Google Merchant Center account ID?
- Google Customer Reviews: How to configure the feature?
- Google Customer Reviews: Is the program available in my country?
- Google Customer Reviews: What is the Google Customer Reviews program?
- How to create advanced custom labels ?
- Can I temporarily stop certain products from showing in shopping ads?
- How to apply specific shipping labels?
- How to display the energy efficiency class of my products?
- How to create advanced exclusion rules?
- Where can I find my store code?
- What are local inventory ads for?
- How to configure my local product inventory feed?
- How to configure my product ratings feed ?
- How to switch from a classic GMC feed to a Pro one ?